33Across recently conducted an analysis of online advertising performance to measure how high viewability and time-in-view impact user engagement, as defined by when a user clicked on an ad.
The purpose of the analysis is to provide CMOs, agencies and their trading desk with deeper campaign performance intelligence.
Here are a few highlights of the analysis:
- 50% of engagement occurred on a desktop after 15 seconds.
- 50% of engagement occurred on a mobile or tablet after seven seconds.
- By the 30 second mark, 68% of all engagement occurred on a desktop, 74% occurred on mobile, and 78% occurred on a tablet.
- Campaigns that meet the MRC’s definition of viewability (50% of pixels in view for 1 second) may miss out on 98% of user engagement
- Campaigns with in-view times of at least 15 seconds and 30 seconds will be positioned for better success
Interested in high impact ads that stay in view an average of 63 seconds and have high viewability? Contact us today to get started.